Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

##### in Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all,

When trying to print a Freight Order Smartform, by issuing a message of some Zxxx type from transaction VT03N, sometimes the printed form contains, instead of the actual data, #######.

I tried to find a link between this phenomenon and the printer used, thinking that maybe the problem related to a bad printer configuration.

The event does't seem to have any connection with the printer I issue the message to.

Also, another observation is that, when I issue the message and get the ######'s, if I exit the VT02N transaction and start over, with the same Fright Order, the same output type and the same printer, I don't get the #######'s anymore, but instead I get the actual data printed correctly.

Why could this happen?

What could cause this behaviour?

The environment is 4.7 Enterprise, SmartForm.

Thanks,

Bogdan

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

had a similar problem. Try either of these OSS notes:

890408 & 734790 ( depending on Unicode or NON-Unicode system).

Pl acknowledge if it helps.

Regards,

Bikash

0 Kudos

Sorry,

Those two notes do not help.

They're already implemented in the system.

Also, I work on a Unicode system and the output is done in German, English, Italian, French. Do these languages have different codepages?

0 Kudos

Hi Bodan,

Are you getting ##### in smartforms when you are printing in English? or only when printing in other languages.

Lanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bogdan,

1. This sometimes also happens

when the FIELD LENGTH (in smartform)

for display purpose

is NOT ENOUGH !

Just check out that !

regards,

amit m.

0 Kudos

No, that is no the case.

What happens is (I finally figured it out) (transaction VT03N - Display Transport, <b>any language</b>:

1. I issue a print message (output type, say, Z001)(I repeat, any language): it's printed correctly.

2 Without exiting the VT03N transaction, for the same transport, I try to issue another print message, with a different output type (say, this time, Z002). The second output is printed with ##### characters, instead of text.

This happens also if the first output is done by using a SapScript, and not a SmartForm. In fact, no matter what the technology used is (SapScript or SmartForm), ad regardless of the order in which I issue these outputs.

Each time when I issue two different output types one after another, without completely exiting the transaction, the second output is printed with #####.

Do you know of a OSS Note to fix this?

I didn't find any.

Or, else, do you know what might cause this problem?

Thank you,

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

Please check that some of the variables may not be cleared.

I think this may be happening to Qty fields. If you have included any logic to write Total Qty (sum of all at line items) or Total Value (sum of all at all line items).

Please clear these varibles.

Lanka

0 Kudos

I agree, Lanka, that could cause the quantity fields to print incorrectly.

But what about the standard texts?

They also print incorrectly. ("#####")

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

You may be populating standard texts with passing dynamic variables like TEXTobject = &V_OBJECT&. Please check all these varialbles were cleared up.

Ex: for TDOBJECT:

YOu may use : Concatenate PO + ITEM to V_OBJECT and you are not clearing this ecery time.

Lanka

0 Kudos

And what about the SapScript?

There we don't use standard texts at all.

Because we have different scripts for different languages, the texts are written by hand, in the script.

These texts also apear like #######, in the scenario I descriebed above.

Ideas?

I'm starting to think that there is a problem with the way SAP formats the data flow for printing/print previewing. That would be a system problem, not a (customer) programming problem.

Thanks,

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another observation, done with the help of the SAPScript Debugger

(please follow (in mind) the following scenario and, if you have any suggestions, I'm glad to hear them.)

1. Open VT03N - issue a Zxx1 output to the screen.

(The output Zxx1 is a SAPScript and a print program, whilst the output Zxx2 is a Smartform and a printprogram. They're both associated to a transport (tcode VT01/2/3[N]).)

The SAPScript Debugger pops-up. Everything goes well, the output is looking good.

Close the VT03N transaction.

2. Open the VT03N trasaction, and issue a Zxx2 output.

The SmartForm output looks ok.

Now, without exiting VT03n, issue a Zxx1 output.

The SAPScript Debugger pops-up. For every character (elementary figure or letter) printed with the font HELVE 080 the debugger gives the following warning:

Message no. TD431

"Character "[x]" is not defined in the current font HELVE 080"

where [x] is the current character in the debugging.

The long text of this message is:

<i>"Diagnosis

A character was found during text formatting which is not known in the font currently used.

System Response

The character is replaced by the hash, # , when output.

Procedure

Characters entered in the editor must satisfy the following conditions in order to be printed:

1. It must be possible to assign the hex code of the character to an SAP character (a system-wide unique character name) via the system character set or via a character set belonging to the font family.

2. There must be an entry for the SAP character in the font metrics of the printer font currently used which also indicates the width of the character. A single CPI entry is sufficient for unproportional fonts as the width of all characters is the same. In the case of proportional fonts, there must be an entry for each printable character.

3. The character set of the printer used must contain the SAP character.

Please check whether the specified character fulfills all three conditions."</i>

Now, close the VT03N transaction.

3. Start the VT03N transaction.

Issue a Zxx1 output.

The SAPScrit Debugger pops-up. Everythings goes well, the output is correct.

Close the VT03N transaction.

Any sugggestions?

Thanks,

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Last observation:

Only the texts written in HELVE have this problem.

What could be the cause?

Thanks,

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hi bogdan,

1. HELVE Font.

2. Contact basis team.

May be HELVE font is not correctly installed

on that server.

regards,

amit m.

0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

Please use transaction SE73--> Select Rdio button system fonts > Display> Check HELVE font along with the font size you are using .

I think HELVE is a general font using in Scripts/forms. May be the font Size in HELVE is not loaded to your system.

If not then you have to import the font thru T/code SPAD or contact your basis.

Hope this may help you.

Lanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know if you have found a solution to this problem. I came across the same thing yesterday, and after much debugging, I found that the problem was occurring in function module SSFCOMP_GET_UCCHAR_IN_UC. It was not changing the code page to the correct one. I searched OSS and found note 903888. This note has solved my problem. Maybe it will solve yours too.