Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import/export statement in background mode not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am stuck in a scenario where am able to run a Z report in foreground but not in background.

Scenario is I have modified a standard report MB5B (RM07MLBD, at the end of subroutine 'create_table_totals_flat') in which only export to memory statement is used. Now am calling this standard report(modified MB5B) using Submit statement inside a Z report and after that I am importing the main table for some calculations and showing the output.

Now when I run this Z report in foreground it works perfectly fine but in background mode, data is not moving to memory with import/export statements.

I have also tried import from shared memory statement and job_open, submit and job_close FM approach. But not working for me.

For your information there is one common server so shared memory should work here but it's not working in my case.

Would require your assistance in identifying what is getting missed out as I believe it's achievable.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Mohamed_Mukhtar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak ,

Export and import statements will not work in background.Instead use below statement to import/export

EXPORT LV_flagTO DATABASE INDX(id) id 'FLAG'.

IMPORT LV_flag FRMO DATABASE INDX(id) id 'FLAG'.

Please read the documentation for more information of export/import statements :-

EXPORT TO MEMORY/DATABASE/SHARED BUFFER.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You will not be able to use this in Background..!!

For details pls. go thru this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/826818

Thanking You All..!!