Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

implementing keypress enter and leave events of an input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear members,

i'd like to implement an input check on a standard mask of a transaction, it should occur whenever a field on that mask is accessed or left by a cursor and sometimes even when a key is stroked, perhaps my research was not that good but i didn't come across such a possibility yet and hope you could provide some alternatives to do this which is also releaseable so i hope it is possible to use standard user-exits or badi's or something like that

thank you very much in anticipation,

Paul

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are accessing SAP via the SAPGui then you will find that it operates in "block mode" i.e. all the keystrokes are buffered at the client until an attention identifier (i.e. function key) is hit (this is somewhat akin to a web browser e.g. SDN won't know about the text I have put in this response until I hit the "Post Message" button). Field validation, such as checking vs a mask) is generally done on the application server in your ABAP code (there are some exceptions e.g. a listbox limits user input at the front-end). So standard exits / BAdIs etc will only be triggered once the user has sent the values from the front-end to the app server via Enter or another "attention identifier".

Jonathan

former_member1345686
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

IMHO you can add the code you need ( for validation ?) in the screen field PAI event.

Most object of the screen has individual PAI event ON-REQUEST,

there you can activate them all to call the procedure(s) you defined .

Rgds,

TSW