Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC status 51 when multiple idocs and posted from XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an inbound idoc scenario – with a custom message, process code and FM created and all settings done in WE42, WE20, BD51, WE57 etc… whenever an inbound idoc comes in from XI, it fails with the status 51 and message “No status record was passed to ALE by the application”… however if the same idoc is re-processed in BD87 it ends successfully… online search revealed that a possible cause could be if all work areas, tables etc are not refreshed in custom code… we have done the same and are passing status 53 as well after necessary functionality of creating sales order is achieved… not sure if the status is being lost somewhere after the end of custom logic since sales orders are reflecting in database which means our custom code is being processed… another surprising thing is that if XI uses file with data that posts just 1 IDOC, then this idoc ends successfully with status 53 but if they use a file with data that creates multiple idocs then all of them end in an error… since 1 idoc results in success, we can safely assume that status is being passed fine from our custom code… but what is happening in case of multiple idocs and how this status fails to carry forward is what surprises us… like I said, we are clearing all work areas, tables, variables etc and passing status 53 at the end of the logic…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

This may be of the input type. Pls check BD51 and change iput type to '1' for the i/b FM from '0'.

As U tried clearing all global, local varibles and workareas with correct status update in control record, I think this one will work since when u r getiing success with single record process.

<removed by moderator>

Regards,

MM

Message was edited by: Thomas Zloch

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As your idoc is been successfully you are saying than once run rbdmidoc executable program  there u can once the idoc is successful and try with we14 as it may dispatching problem

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

Does your partner profile inbound parameter have "Trigger immediately" checked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clearly looks like a locking issue and updates are failing for multiple idocs. Change the partner profile to trigger by back ground program and schedule RBDAPP01 program to process your idocs (Do not run it with open selection - It will pick all idocs). Or in the sending system introduce a wait when sending multiple idocs. 

Regards,

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

This may be of the input type. Pls check BD51 and change iput type to '1' for the i/b FM from '0'.

As U tried clearing all global, local varibles and workareas with correct status update in control record, I think this one will work since when u r getiing success with single record process.

<removed by moderator>

Regards,

MM

Message was edited by: Thomas Zloch

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your responses... Will try them and revert.

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone... changing the value from 0 to 1 in BD51 worked for us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi so u have done with change pointers thats great