Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC - Inbound Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i had been reading some posts and doc's about IDOCs/EDI but still have some doubts abouts it.

The purpose is to set up an Inbound Idoc scenario.

Information that i know that is necessary to do:

-Create Function Module;

-Create idoc Type and Segments;

-Create Message Type;

-Associate Message Type with IDOC

-Associate Message Type/Idoc/message

Here i have some doubts:

-Do i need to define a Port?

-Do i need to define a logical System ?

-Need to associate Logical Sytem with message Type?

-Need to define a partner?

Best regards,

Pedro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member667836
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

If the purpose is only reading the posted Idoc no need to create port and logical system,but in the case of outbound Idoc you needs to configure these ports and logical system

Message Edited By

shibu

9 REPLIES 9

varma_narayana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro..

These are the clarifications..

-Do i need to define a Port?

Port has to be defined only in the Sending system i.e in Outbound

-Do i need to define a logical System ?

Yes. Logical system needs to be defined in case of ALE.

-Need to associate Logical Sytem with message Type?

No. This is done only in the Outbound in case of ALE . (Thru Model view in BD64)

-Need to define a partner?

Yes . You have to define the Partner in WE20.

In case of ALE partner type is LS (logical system).

In case of EDI partner type is KU, LI etc..

<b>reward if Helpful.</b>

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your response.

But new questions arise after your answers.

If you don't need a port, what is the trigger for the inbound process?

You need to create an "Inbound Process Code" and associated to the message type.

But what will trigger ou create the relation bettwen the process code and the external incoming document?

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Padro,

Are you reading IDOC related just for study or do you have any specific requirement based on that I can try to help you.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a specific requirement.

ALE configuration is aldready defined for others idoc's in the system, but there's still some doubts that i have.

Could you answer the above question?

best Regards,

Pedro

former_member667836
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

If the purpose is only reading the posted Idoc no need to create port and logical system,but in the case of outbound Idoc you needs to configure these ports and logical system

Message Edited By

shibu

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You still need to define file port for inbound process where you will receive and post an inbound IDoc file. For this scenario, you can use standard program RSEINB00.

What is the trigger for the inbound process?

The inbound process will be trigger based on the IDoc control record (EDIDC) data and the inbound partner profile. In partner profile setup, you link the message type with process code. Also you can specify whether the IDoc will be process immediately or by background job.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

thanks for your answer.

So with partner profile, you associate Partner to Message Type and process code.

But how is the port concept relationed with these ? I'm missing a step here?

(im talking about a Port type - Transactional RFC). In port definition you just define RFC connnection, so there's no realation from the PORT to the IDOC/ProcessCode/messageType or partner?

Best Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos

Hi Padro,

Without PORT it will not know from where the data is coming from.

Regards,

Atish

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

The transactional RFC (port type) is used for outbound process purpose ONLY.

For inbound process, you need to define logical system (SALE), assign logical system to client (SALE) and RFC Destination (SM59). When you assign logical system to client, this is automatically link logical system to RFC Destination. You need to have identical name in order to link.

Once done, the next step is to setup distribution model where you link the inbound message type, sender system and receiver system. Then you can generate the inbound parter profile from this distribution model. From this point, the message type will be linked to process code.

Please check this link for IDoc inbound and outbound process flows.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/dc/6b835943d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/content.htm

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto