Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc for PO / Confirmation / Invoice ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have few questions and would be glad if someone answered

thanks in advance

1. Can someone leme know the IDoc outbound for PO creation (is it ORDERS01, ORDERS05 only) and IDoc outbound for Remmitance with their names.

2. I need to know if any IDoc outdound is there for PO change / Delete. (ORDERS02, ORDERS04)

3. I need to know the IDoc inbound for PO confirmation and Invoice (is it INVOIC01 only)

4. Is there any IDoc for ASN (Advanced Shipment Notice)

5. Comapred to BAPI and IDoc, which one is better in terms of returning real time error?

6. Does BAPI and IDoc support attachement (if atall there was an attachment to the PO or Invoice)

7. Does attachment needs DMS configuration.

thanks folks,

Dee

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

1. Can someone leme know the IDoc outbound for PO creation (is it ORDERS01, ORDERS05 only) and IDoc outbound for Remmitance with their names.

<i>ORDERS01 to ORDERS05 are all used for creating/changing purchase orders/sales orders, depending on your version. So ORDERS01 is by default assigned to release 3.0A, ORDERS02 is 3.0D, 3 is for 4.0A, 4 is for 4.5A and 5 is for 4.6C. It is the message type ORDERS and the Idoc type that is associated with it and the release of SAP is what drives it.</i>

2. I need to know if any IDoc outdound is there for PO change / Delete. (ORDERS02, ORDERS04)

<i> Same as above</i>

3. I need to know the IDoc inbound for PO confirmation and Invoice (is it INVOIC01 only)

<i> Same IDoc type as above, but the message type is ORDRSP in this case. For Invoice you can use the same logic, which is INVOIC01, INVOIC02 etc are release dependant and the message type is INVOIC.</i>

4. Is there any IDoc for ASN (Advanced Shipment Notice)

<i> Message Type SHPADV, IDOC types SHPMNT03, 4, 5 depending on release.</i>

5. Comapred to BAPI and IDoc, which one is better in terms of returning real time error?

<i> IDOCs are good for retaining the data so that you can reprocess and the errors are stored. But is asynchronous process, in that first the Idoc is created and then it is passed to the application. BAPIs are the best choice if you want the messages back in real time.</i>

6. Does BAPI and IDoc support attachement (if atall there was an attachment to the PO or Invoice)

<i> Please elaborate on this. If there is an attachment, where would that go into a PO in SAP. Will it be stored as text or as additional document? If it going to be an additional document, then I am not knowledgeable about that part, but neither BAPI nor IDoc seems to be capable of achieving that.</i>

7. Does attachment needs DMS configuration.

<i> I am not sure</i>

Regards,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks for your reply.

By attachment i mean that if there were any excel/word document attached then how will IDoc handle it and send/receive those (incase of outbound and inbound)

My other question is that if an New PO is created and IDoc has been generated and routed across to the legacy system. If there are any changes made to the PO, how will the changes route to legacy system. (i mean will only the change on item line level route or the entire PO with the changes will be routed)

thanks a ton

Deepak

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

For your question 4, ie., ASN, you can also use the message type DESADV.

Regarding the attachments, I don't think it is possible. But what you can do is, the your attachements are text based, i.e., non-binary, you can add some custome code in one of the user-exits to add this text into the segments E1EDKT1 and E1EDKT2 for header or use E1EDPT1 and E1EDPT2, if the text is specific to a PO Item.

Regarding your question about PO Changes, you must use message type ORDCHG. In my little experience, I have seen the Idoc having all the data for the item that was chnaged, except for the Text elements. It will ignore the items that were not changed.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Sumant.

0 Kudos

Hi deepak,

Simple answer is no, it is not possible to attach documents with the PO.

Please close the post if you found your answer.

Srinivas