Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Error for Sales Order. Duns# pointing to incorrect Ship-to-party

0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I am working on a EDI-IDoc issue and being relatively new to this I am seeking your help.

My client is having an issue with one of the Inbound IDocs that is failing. As per the problem, the DUNS number for a customer is pointing to an incorrect Ship-to-party (XYZ) that does not exist in the system. Ideally the DUNS number should be pointing to another Ship-to-Party (ABC).

My first question to you all would be: Is there a DUNS number field in SAP for Customer master? I don't think there is a standard field but please correct me if I am wrong. I also tried searching through the Z custom fields  in KNA1 but there is none.

Below is my analysis of the issue:

I believe there might be something wrong in the EDI mapping i.e. some incorrect cross reference entry maybe that has the wrong Ship-to party customer number maintained against that DUNS number. I am not aware of the exact mechanics of how these IDoc's are created. I have verified that the DUNS number is correct so the only issue is in the pointer to Ship-to-Party? Any help would be highly appreciated.

thanks much in advance!

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the IDoc is failing for a specific reason then there is an accurate error message and message number available. Can you post that?

Also mentioning the IDOC name itself could already help further, e.g. whether  the field with the DUNS number is at all in the standard IDoc or if the DUNS number was entered into a field which has nothing to do with a DUNS number.

The customer master stores a DUNS number in KNKK-KRAUS. If you have an interface to D&B then there is in extension to KNA1 table with DUNS number

2 REPLIES 2

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the IDoc is failing for a specific reason then there is an accurate error message and message number available. Can you post that?

Also mentioning the IDOC name itself could already help further, e.g. whether  the field with the DUNS number is at all in the standard IDoc or if the DUNS number was entered into a field which has nothing to do with a DUNS number.

The customer master stores a DUNS number in KNKK-KRAUS. If you have an interface to D&B then there is in extension to KNA1 table with DUNS number

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Juergen.

From what I analyzed, there is an incorrect Internal Partner entry in the table EDPAR.

The actual error in the Idoc is as below:

Status 51:

Ship-to does not exist in sales area entered