Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i/o field in screen programming

SG141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

the default data type of i/o field in the screen programming is char(1). how can we declare it as char(10), i want to capture the value of the field in one screen to another field in other screen... in doing this i am able to get only the first character....

how to populate the whole value....

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kathryn_mcgallicher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is the dialog program custom or SAP?

If custom, try going into SE80 for the function group and check what the source of the screen field is. If it comes from a structure, then you will need to increase the source field in the structure, which means you also have to check and see if any other code or program will be impacted by the field size increase. If the field is defined directly on that particular screen, then you should be able to increase the size using the Screen Painter (Attributes tab) for that field. You would still need to check for references to the field to see if any other code is affected.

Hope this helps.

K---

5 REPLIES 5

kathryn_mcgallicher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is the dialog program custom or SAP?

If custom, try going into SE80 for the function group and check what the source of the screen field is. If it comes from a structure, then you will need to increase the source field in the structure, which means you also have to check and see if any other code or program will be impacted by the field size increase. If the field is defined directly on that particular screen, then you should be able to increase the size using the Screen Painter (Attributes tab) for that field. You would still need to check for references to the field to see if any other code is affected.

Hope this helps.

K---

0 Kudos

It's a custom program....

The field is defined on the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i dint understand the logic as to y u need to assign a char10 value to char1 variable.

i think u will have to declare the char1 variable by urselves as char10 and display.

can u be more clear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever u have assigned name to ur i/o, u have to declare the char variable in to ur prog. with the same name.

So when u give the value into io box at run time this value will be stored into this variable.

Now when u are calling the new screen from this screen, u can use the value through this vatriable.

paruchuri_nagesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

kartik

just use the following code

get cursor field v_fnam value v_fval.

set parameter id 'MAT' field v_fval.

call screen< scr num>.

reward if u find use ful

regards

Nagesh.Paruchuri.