Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to update ztable with IW32 change in REQMT Quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I need to update my z table... there is already a function module which will take care of passing the values in to Z table... I need to find user exit or BADI which will update any deletion or update in requirement quantity in component tab in service order IW31/32.... I need to pass MATNR and WERKS from service order to my FM which will take care of the calculation by comparing to Z table....

I tried badi WORKORDER_UPDATE with method Before_update. It is actually picking up values before save which will not work in my case as i need change after save....

I am trying user exit EXIT_SAPLCOBT_001.... somehow i opened up the include cause it was giving me error earlier that ZX... is reserved for SAP... so i copied the include name n created include program in SE38. n wrote my code inside.... so now after activation when i make any changes and save my system hangs up there...tried goin through debugger it also hangs up...

Do you guys have any other idea to do this stupid thing....

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's stupid, why is it urgent??

Rob

0 Kudos

it is stupid because i m getting so many setbacks to do this.... Please help....

0 Kudos

<< Moderator message - The answers in the forum are provided by volunteers. Please do not ask for help quickly. >>

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is the exit 'EXIT_SAPLCOBT_001' implemented in your system , based on the information you have provided , i feel it is not .

Please try implementing the exit if it is not yet implemented.

Regards

Arun

0 Kudos

Yes I implemented with CMOD....

But anyway...i tried putting BP inside the include and checked whether it is taking the user exit after updating into database or before...sadly it is goin to user exit before updating database...i checked with CO09 .....that will not suffice my requirement.....

Need some user exit which will trigger after updating the value in database ..... n i will write the code in user exit or badi that will take that value from the database and update my z table...

0 Kudos

You could add a PERFORM AT COMMIT, CALL FUNCTION IN UPDATE/BACKGROUND TASK, so your code will be executed  at the correct time

- PERFORM AT COMMIT will execute after COMMIT-WORK before the update tasks

- CALL FM IN UPDATE TASK will execute in V1 or V2 update task step depending on the definition of the update FM in the order of registration

- CALL FM IN BACKGROUND TASK will execute after all update tasks - RFC enabled FM <- use this one

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Yes I used called my FM in background task , its not working for me....not updating my table..

All i think now i m working in wrong BADI ....

Any suggestion I can use BADI...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Workorder_update is a right BADI to be used. Call your FM IN UPDATE TASK and in the FM dont use the statement COMMIT. This should work.

Regards,

Naveen.

0 Kudos

which method should i use...I have tried both before update and in update....??

0 Kudos

use Before Update method. In this method call your FM IN UPDATE TASK.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I solved ...use same badi with same method...called FM in background job...did the trick...thankyou