Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR -Marital Status values based on Country in IT0002

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are coming across a scenario, that we want to show Marital Status drop down values on the base of employee area and country in<b> IT0002 screen</b> , For example <b>for ABC country</b> we want that Marital Status dropped down will be marr, single ( Field in Screen Pa30, IT Q0002-FATXT ) , <b>for CDE country </b> we want vales as marr, single, widow , and finally for <b>FGH country </b> we want dropped down values as marr, single, widow, divorced.

Do you guys tell me how to solve this up , do I have to see some USER_EXIT in IT0002 screen . Or how I can achieve this task?

Thanks In Advanced

Bye

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use FM <b>VRM_SET_VALUES</b> wherein you can populate the respective marital statuses based on the country and assign these to the drop-down for the field 'Marital Status'.

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos

Thanks for your instant reply , Could you please tell me how to code it and where to code it ... Any hint will be helpful...

Can some body explains me about the table T522N ? could we use it in function?

Thanks

Message was edited by: Suleman Javed

0 Kudos

Hi Suleman,

YOu can meet part of your requirement ie except for the drop-down values via INfotype Screen control in config.. Mainatin the view V_T88M for each country grouping and display/hide fields as needed..

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Can you explain in detail because I am responsible to maintain the view in IMG? Can you elaborate the steps? How I can maintain and get advantage of that view because at the moment we don’t have the view maintained in our system.

Thanks a lot

Bye

0 Kudos

Hi Suleman,

Sorry, I didn't get your question right.. This cannot be done via screen mod.. the drop-down values are pulled from table T502T in the include MP000240 of the Module Pool Program for infotype 0002 ie MP000200. I dont think there is any User exit to change these values based on Country Grouping.. I am afraid you will have to go for a modificaton of SAP's code.. may be you can start by asking SAP via OSS if there is an option..

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Thanks ... Its kind of urgent so is there any other way to handle this? Because we don’t want any modification is SAP code.

Thanks

Bye

0 Kudos

U can achieve this functionality in 2 ways.

One u can create transaction variant for IT0002 (i.e transaction code PZ13) and u can acivate/deactivate the fields.

and do the settng in t77www_sc table for any country.

The second option is copy the clone the FM which u can get from the t77www_sc view and change the code. now u remove the standard FM in the same view and assign the custom one for the specific country.

Thanks

Eswar

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply! If lets say I made entry in the table as t-code = PA30 and how I’ll make sure which function have to call from table list?

And also how I will populate the FM so when user create data in PA30 in IT0002, They can see the field’s value. Please elaborate a little bit I am lost.

If I am not wrong we use this transaction and table for ESS right?

Thanks in Advanced.

0 Kudos

Hi Suleman,

I don't think you have a choice here.. other than modifying SAP code..

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Yes you`re right. I need to change code in

prog = MP000230

perform fatxt_values using q0002-fatxt.

Include = MP000240

refresh helptab.

select * from t502t where sprsl eq sy-langu

order by primary key.

move t502t-ftext to helptab.

append helptab.

endselect.

objectname = 'V_T502T'. objecttype = 'V'. subobjname = ' 01'.

perform call_help_dynpro using val_fatxt.

endform. "FATXT_VALUES

Thanks