Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would you display this table of 60 columns!

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hiya,

I have a requirement where there are around 60 fields that the users want to edit via a web dynpro popup.

I created a Z table to hold these and just created a Web Dynpro table to show and edit the fields (the data is all to do with possible conditions that could have values and then would need to be updated into a quotation document).

Obviously its going to be clumsy to use in this state (all the scrolling will be a pain):

and I was just thinking whether you bright people might have a better suggestion on how to display this.

Any ideas are most welcome!

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

This is just my thought.

I do agree users will not be happy with scrolling and width of screen. If the requirement is not of multiple records then you can try with displaying individual fields (Grouping fields, Box etc) Then screen look will be good. In that case no need to display in the table and easily  you can accommodate the all the fields .

But If you have to display in table with multiple records then you go with tab stripe methods. this is complicated method but result will be very good intern of  screen design wise.

Thanks & Regards,

Arunb

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Here you have displayed as a table and it leads to the Horizontal scrolling, may be you can try like give a popup by displaying the fields in the vertical order and easy to edit. Vertical scrolling is bit convenient than horizontal scrolling I guess.

Regards,

Thanga