Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use append search help which is already existing....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Help me in using a APPEND SEARCH HELP which is already created in one collective search help...... but i want use the same append search help in another collective search help also........Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

ff you already had included a Append Structure you cannot append the same next time.

Hope this answer your query

Happy coding!!

Sandeep

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

1. In the initial screen of the ABAP Dictionary i.e. SE11, enter the name of the collective search help to which you want to add the append search help
  2. Choose Display.
  3. The maintenance screen of the collective search help appears in display mode.
  4. Choose Goto Append search helps.A dialog box appears in which you must enter the name of the append search help.

Hope this is helpful to you

Enjoying Coding

Sandeep

0 Kudos

It does not work.....It says YAP_KRED_TAX already exists. Choose a different name

0 Kudos

Hi

That object is only linked to the main object (i.e. the main search help), that means it can create once and used in the main search help only.

I believe you need to arrange your old append search help in order to include a custom one, in this way you can include the same search help in different APPEND search help.

If you can't do it, you can only create a new APPEND search help as copy of old one

Max

0 Kudos

You cannot use the same append search help in another search help. Rather you can use the search help "included" in an append search help and include that in another append search help. Choose a different name while appending and then include the search help inside in the "Included Search help" tab. This should suffice your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ff you already had included a Append Structure you cannot append the same next time.

Hope this answer your query

Happy coding!!

Sandeep