Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to translate documentation from EN to DE by using tcode SE63

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

my program attribute r defined by client in DE version and writing coding in EN version also preparing documentation for this program in SE38 option documentation in EN version. the problem is what ever test u r defined in EN version is not appeared in DE version.

somebody told me that with SE63 it is possible. but how i don't know anybody know the solution plz send to me

is any other alternative is there for translation

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

If you are looking for the translations for the text-symbols and selection texts used in your program, you need not require to use Transaction SE63. Instead you can do this in SE38 (or SE80)itself.

For getting the translations in DE version, you need to maintain the corresponding DE version of text-symbols and selection texts in the EN version of the program.

for example, to maintain text elements in both versions, you can follow the steps mentioned below:

STEP1: in EN version, from the ABAP editor, GOTO->SELECTION TEXTS->TEXT ELEMENTS navigating from the menu bar.

<b>STEP2: Select a particular text element and navigate as GOTO->TRANSLATION

STEP3: Now you get a popup, asking for source language and target language

STEP4: Choose DE as target lang and EN as source lang; press enter

STEP5: Now you are in a new screen, where you need to enter the DE text just below the EN Text appears

STEP6: Save and comeback; activate the program

STEP7: login in DE lang and see the difference</b>

You can follow the above steps, for any selection texts, list headings or

text symbols in the program

Hope this helps,

Sajan Joseph.