Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To transfer values from search help to table control

former_member191434
Participant

Hi,

I have created a custom search help - ZPOI_PO_ALLOC with search help parameter EBELN , EBELP and OPEN_MENGE from a Custom table ZMM_VESSEL_ALLOC having these 3 fields(picture reference PIC_01).

I have a module pool program in which I have a table control (PO_INFO) where I have assigned this search help ZPOI_PO_ALLOC to the field GS_POINFO-EBELN (Internal table GT_POINFO (This table has field EBELN and EBELP )) (PIC_02).

The field GS_POINFO-EBELP not assigned to any search help (and should not have any search help).
Now when I am executing this module pool program and performing F4 on field GS_POINFO-EBELN it is showing the values from search help - ZPOI_PO_ALLOC (from Custom table ZMM_VESSEL_ALLOC) properly with these 3 fields picture reference PIC_03.

Now when I am selecting any line from search help which shown in PIC_03 EBELN is coming properly to the table control but the value in GS_POINFO-EBELP remains blank in the table control - picture reference PIC_04.
It is expected the from the search help which item to be selected should come in that table control.
Can you please let me know how should I transfer values from search help to table control.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please try this PROCESS ON VALUE-REQUEST.

CALL FUNCTION 'F4IF_FIELD_VALUE_REQUEST'
  EXPORTING
    TABNAME                   =  
    FIELDNAME                 = ' 
    SEARCHHELP                =  
    SHLPPARAM                 = ' 
    DYNPPROG                  = sy-repid
    DYNPNR                    = sy-dynnr
    DYNPROFIELD               =  
    MULTIPLE_CHOICE           =  
 TABLES
   RETURN_TAB                = lt_return_tab
 EXCEPTIONS
   FIELD_NOT_FOUND           = 1
   NO_HELP_FOR_FIELD         = 2
   INCONSISTENT_HELP         = 3
   NO_VALUES_FOUND           = 4
   OTHERS                    = 5

or use this one FM:    
 call function 'DYNP_VALUES_UPDATE'

Regards

Ebrahim

0 Kudos

Hi Ebrahim,
Thanks for giving the hint but it is not clear to me . Can you please elaborate more .
I have the below screen processing logic for that table control (Pic_05).
Do you meant to say PROCESS ON VALUE-REQUEST should be written with FM reference given above in the below highlighted section?

Thanks in advance.

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do like this.

and try this code also :

Search help for material number in table control

or this code

search help in table control

call function 'F4IF_FIELD_VALUE_REQUEST'

Filtering F4 Help values in Table control, based on other field value

Best regards

Ebrahim

rgore
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Saifur,

Please use the function module F4UT_GET_ENVIRONMENT(It will provide the steploop, where F4 help was triggered)
Then use the DYNP_UPDATE_FIELDS function module to update the dynpro field values. Make sure that you have populated the steploop value received from above FM.

Thanks & Regards,

Rakshith Gore