Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Transfer Transparent table to another system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guyz,

Kindly help me with my problem..im a new comer in ABAP and dont know what to do on how to transfer transparent table to another system/other box.

I created a transparent table ZFGLACCT in client 200 (Development Client)

and entered a data on it.. now i want to transfer this plus the data on it to client 800 (production client) and which happens to be on a different box.

Do you have any idea how to transfer it? i tried SM30 and client transport but nothing happens.

Will reward points...

Thanks in advance

aVaDuDz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Just do what i say </b> .

"1. Goto  se11  ,  open the table   ZFGLACCT  in change mode  ..., execute it    and it  displays the    selection screen  ....   then again execute it  .

"2.  There select the data   all  using selectall  ...ICON.

"3.In the  Menu bar see there is Table Entry  as  first  in that Menu .... there is Transport  Entries .  

"if you click on that   it will give you the  POP in which  transport request  to save  the data . 

"4.Create  new request there it self or else  save  in the   already  exsisting  request  .
   so that   now that data is there in the change  request .

"5.now go to   se10  ... put that request  in which you  saved the data  .. release the  request.

"6. And Inform to the  basis    for transporting of the same  request    .

"so that   the  same  data will be  available in the   Transported   System  also ..

reward points if it is usefull,....

Girish

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Save your table to a development class.. and it will generate the request number... go to tcode se09 or se10 and release the request...

To to STMS and select the sytem that you want to import to and select the request and click on import button..

Thanks,

Mahesh

0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

actually my main problem is i would like to encode a data on the table and transfer it another system...which means..need to download the data...and upload it to a table in production...would it be possible?

Thanks for your reply..kindly help me

Thanks in advance

aVaDuDz

gopi_narendra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you assigned any dev class to your table.

if not first assing it to a dev class or package and then create a request and follow the process below.

in order to assing a dev class to a local object table goto GOTO --> Object Directory Entry --> Clk on F6 or change button and assing a dev class or package.

Now create a request and save it.

in order to transport the entries also, while creating the table maintenance generator.

select the radio button - standard recording routine under the Dialog data transport details.

goto SE09 and place the cursor on the request which you want to release.

then click on the truck button or F9 button.

Make sure you release all the tasks under that request, before you release the request.

Regards

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

or u do one thing downlaod the data into a file and then upload it into new table.

Regards,

Srinivas.D

0 Kudos

Yes..you are right..actually..i transferred the table already on the other system..but my main problem is...i would like to transfer also the data...how can i do that?

can you give me a step by step procedure on how to do it?

Please...

Thanks in advance..

aVaDuDz

0 Kudos

goto

SM30 -- > enter the table name

now clk on maintain button.

now follow the path

edit --> Transport --> Include in request

This will prompt your for a request.

Create a request and save it.

Regards

Gopi

0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Thanks for the reply but..once i click Maintain button a system msg appeared

"maintenance dialog for zfglacct is incomplete or not defined"..how can i correct this?

please help...and also i want to add a data on the transparent table..how can i do that? whats the tcode?

thanks in advance

aVaDuDz

0 Kudos

HI,

First use the table maintenance generator and , in SE 11.. you can go to utilities and table maintenance generator... it will ask for th authorization group give it and then slect the single screen option and save it.. then go to sM30 and you would be able to create entries then...

Thanks

Mahesh

0 Kudos

Which means that you have not maintained any table maintenance for the table.

First generate the table maintenance for the table.

for this goto SE11 -- > Enter the table name -- > Change mode

Utilities -- > Table Maintenance Generator

give in the Authorisation Group - &NC&

Fucntion Group -- you should be knowing it or ask your superior of what function group to be used. If not you can create a new function group from SE80.

Maintenance Type -- > One step

Maint. Screen No. -- > put the cursor here and press Shift+F7.

select the option -- > Propose screen number

under the recording routine -- > use the radio button Standard recording routine

now clk on the create button.

Save this also under the same request of the table

this creates your table maintenance and now go to SM30 and follow the process in my previos post

<b>Follow this process to copy the data records also into the prodcution client from your development client</b>

Regards

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can create a REQUEST for that specifc entry and transport it from development box to other box.

To create a request and add a Table entry you need to follow this steps

transport also R3TR TABU table data, go to SE01, add an entry R3TR TABU <table name> and then go to key list and take all records by only selecting MANDT and a star * for the key or the required key entry.

Thanks

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Just do what i say </b> .

"1. Goto  se11  ,  open the table   ZFGLACCT  in change mode  ..., execute it    and it  displays the    selection screen  ....   then again execute it  .

"2.  There select the data   all  using selectall  ...ICON.

"3.In the  Menu bar see there is Table Entry  as  first  in that Menu .... there is Transport  Entries .  

"if you click on that   it will give you the  POP in which  transport request  to save  the data . 

"4.Create  new request there it self or else  save  in the   already  exsisting  request  .
   so that   now that data is there in the change  request .

"5.now go to   se10  ... put that request  in which you  saved the data  .. release the  request.

"6. And Inform to the  basis    for transporting of the same  request    .

"so that   the  same  data will be  available in the   Transported   System  also ..

reward points if it is usefull,....

Girish

0 Kudos

Hi Girish ,

I tried to follow your instruction below...but there is a problem..after choosing table entry menu the transport entries is disable...how can i enable it to transport my entries in the table? do i miss out step on your instruction?please help

Thanks in advance

aVaDuDz

0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for the info...I learned a lot...:-)

aVaDuDz