Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set restriction for user in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a user,now i need to restrict the user to work only for 8 hrs per day.HOw can i set timing for the user.Kindly help out regarding this.

Regards

sekar

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> I have created a user,now i need to restrict the user to work only for 8 hrs per day.HOw can i set timing for the user.Kindly help out regarding this.

>

> Regards

> sekar

This is not possible with standard SAP.

Use an alternative control such as process (e.g. tell user not to use role) and monitoring (check when it is being used)

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is best achieved by not implementing this restriction in SAP, but on an operating system level.

it will be difficult to control time when users are logging on from different timezones for example, or when logging on multiple times a day.

there are many programs around (I found quite a lot when googling) which will do exactly what you require and you don't have to custom make such functionality in SAP.

I at least have not seen this done within an SAP environment.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sekar,

If you use external authetnication for users when they logon to SAP, then you can control the times they can logon and which days of week (if required). For example, it is possible to use Active Directory authentication to authenticate users to SAP application via SNC or using a custom login module in WebAS Java, and in AD you can set times when logons are allowed. This might be what you are looking for ?

If you want to log somebody off SAP when they have been using it for a period of time, then this can be dangerous if they are in the middle of a complex transaction when they are logged off. Also, I don't think this functionality is included in SAP product. If you don't want somebody to use SAP at certain times of day, then it might be better to force a screen saver at workstation instead, if this is what you want.

Regards,

Tim