Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send background program output to a printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I created a background report,running via a job in background. I need to display the output of the background report via two channels : a printer and an e

mail. I created the output of the report by using the command Write, and the output is printed to screen. However this solution is good for an online report and not for background report ? and my question is how to send the background report output to a printer in background .

Thanks

Moshe

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can run your report in background mode: press F9.

After you can send the spool via e-mail.

Max

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using JOB_OPEN, JOB_SUBMIT & JOB_CLOSE to execute the program in background, then in the FM JOB_SUBMIT you have a parameter PRIPARAMS for which you need to pass a value.

Before that get all the Print Parameters using FM GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS. Then pass the same to PRIPARAMS.

This would solve the problem.

Best regards,

Prashant

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are executing the background program through SM36 transaction, then while defining STEP, there is an option at the bottom ( After you provide Program name & variant , on the same screen at bottom side ) PRINT SPECIFICATIONS. Provide the printer name here.

This would solve the problem.

Best regards,

Prashant