Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search for HEX 00 in unicode systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am aware that cl_abap_char_utilities provides many non-printable characters (such as horizontal_tab). However, I am looking for a way to represent HEX 00 in a char variable so I can search for it in text strings.

If I uncheck the "unicode check" checkbox, I can easily assign HEX 00 to a char variable. However, I don't like to disable unicode check.

An explanation of how SAP has implemented cl_abap_char_utilities=>horizontal_tab will also help. Looking at the class builder, it is defined as %_HORIZONTAL_TAB in "Initial value" column. What does that mean?

Thank you very much for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddy,

Thank you very much for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hex 00 is cl_abap_char_utilities=>minchar. See also

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/79/c554d9b3dc11d5993800508b6b8b11/content.htm

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddy,

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos

Glad it helped.

Pls don't forget to reward points

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar problem, except that I need to search for HEX 1A (END-OF-FILE-Character). Since there is no %_END_OF_FILE or %_EOF definition like %_NEWLINE, I cannot inherit CL_ABAP_CHAR_UTILITIES to create such a constant. How can I define this without using any x fields?

Thanks,

Rainer