Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run eCATT in dialog mode(foreground) without user interaction(Enter)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As part of performance testing using eCATT we want to execute a test script in dialog mode(foreground) without user interaction like pressing enter at end of each screen. The reason behind this is we want to run a test script 1000 times in dialog mode to analyze the performance of that particular transaction code. Hence its not practical to keep pressing enter at end of each screen. We do not want to execute this in background as that does not simulate the real time transaction processing and give the exact performance analysis.

We have a test script with VA01 recording and are able to execute it perfectly in background as well as foreground (by pressing enter at end of each screen).

I would like to know if there are any settings to be made to execute the test script in dialog mode without pressing enter. I have referred the below link which has not solved my purpose.

Thank You.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Did you create your ecatt script using the TCD record mode?. In TCD mode user interaction is must when you run in foreground.

The best way to do this is to create the script using the SAPGUI mode recording of your transaction which you can run in foreground without any user interaction.

let me know if you need any more information.

thanks

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks a ton. Issue resolved with GUI recording.

Actually I am executing this script from ST30 for performance analysis and I get the following error:

Could you please help in this regard. Thank you

0 Kudos

Gopi,

I never used this transaction before, but my approach would be as below. You may want to try and let me know how it works.

Before running this script from ST30, first try to run from SECATT for one iteration to make sure the script and target system RFCs are working. Then try again in ST30. Still if you have the issue, ask your basis to take a look when you kick off from ST30 in the target system whether ST30 were able to successfully make the RFC call to that system.

thanks

Venkat