Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run batch file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends ,

i need to zip a file with password protection . For this i need create a batch file using dos command .

my question is that .....how can i pass variable in this batch file (variable having name of file name , variable of having password ) .

Please provide that script of dos command which will make the file zipped and password protected ....

Thanks and Regards...

Priyank Dixit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where do you want to create your batch file? On the presentation server with cl_gui_front_end_services? Bad idea, cause you never know what environment the end user has installed.

If you wanna do it on application server, contact your unix guys which can do that for you. The "batch" files depends on the underlying operating system (Windows/users) and on the installed software, too. No general script can be given here.

You can invoke the external script on the apllication server via SM69, studying this transaction will show up how to invoke that via ABAP directly.

1 REPLY 1

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where do you want to create your batch file? On the presentation server with cl_gui_front_end_services? Bad idea, cause you never know what environment the end user has installed.

If you wanna do it on application server, contact your unix guys which can do that for you. The "batch" files depends on the underlying operating system (Windows/users) and on the installed software, too. No general script can be given here.

You can invoke the external script on the apllication server via SM69, studying this transaction will show up how to invoke that via ABAP directly.