Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Retrieve Hidden Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a problem. our old programmer just quit some days ago and he hide one of our main program using @@@##..... thing . now the problem is this we cant see the code.

is there any way we can retreive the code.

Your help will be deeply appreciated.

thanks

18 REPLIES 18

former_member376453
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link:

Kuntal

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could try modifying the source with a little proggy, using the READ REPORT and INSERT REPORT statements and remove the line inbetween. Not 100% sure if this bypasses the protection, please let us know.

Don't forget to sue the guy's a.. off

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your help but it did not work. due think is there any other way.

thanks

Jawad

Former Member
0 Kudos

can't your security guys replicate his user id and undo it?

0 Kudos

>

> can't your security guys replicate his user id and undo it?

Don't think that will work. The editor lock attribute works differently than this.

No idea if this is what you want, but look at: http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sapab028.htm

Rob

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Mar 27, 2009 3:44 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your help. i already tried this program but we have 4.7 and it does not have table D010S so thats the problem.

thanks

jawad

0 Kudos

Tough one. In Kuntal's link they mention exporting the program with a transport request, manipulate the data file (in the /usr/sap/trans/ directory tree) and reimport the request. Maybe give this a shot.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Whether code visible in debug mode?

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

me and my basis guy, we tried that but after 4.6 SAP is now compressing the transport file. so we able to to transport it but when we open the transport file it was all compressed. we checked the OSS and it says that now SAP is doing it.

so again thanks for your help and any other suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks

Jawad

0 Kudos

Hi a®s

No in debug mode you can see the code.

thanks

Jawad

0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check the link

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/program-to-hide-abap-source-code-and-protects-it.htm

might b of some help..

regards,

Dinesh.

0 Kudos

This seems to be waterproof, sorry. READ REPORT returns SY-SUBRC = 8 for such programs and the transport data file is compressed, debugging seems not possible as well.

Is there maybe a visible version in other systems of your landscape?

It is actually pretty difficult to "secure" your own programs this way. I tried to enter these characters as first line in a little test program, afterwards I was not even able to save or activate it properly, I had to sneak it in via INSERT REPORT.

You will probably have to talk to SAP via OSS to solve this (or to the villain himself).

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for your reply. but if you can see i have already tested it TABLE D010S is not available in 4.7.

any other suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

thanks again.

jawad

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks again for you reply and also for putting some time into it. yeah actually we found the very first version from our old system that is upgraded to the new one but that is like 17 versions old and you can imagine how many changes has already made. but as every one say something is better then nothing. we are trying to make it work and its seems working.

but just out of curiosity i want to see if there is any way we can retrieve such codes.

also SAP is not allowing you to now put that code after 4.6 to hide it. so no more problems if you are in the version 4.7 or higher.....

again thanks for your time and help.

Jawad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is another thread that might provide some help:

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if you can use version management to get the next to latest version. Then maybe you can compare versions.

A shot in the dark.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob ,

Thanks for your help. i tried that. i debuged se38 and actually able to open the latest version but of no use because it was hidden too.

any other suggestion might help.

thanks

jawad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have your legal department call the guy and threaten to sue him if he can't give you a copy of the code. He may have saved a copy before he hid it.

Rob