Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remplace a missing composant double_fl in a structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Can anyone tell me please how to replace double_fl in this code line for an abap version 4.6C :

code from version 6 :   

DELETE lt_nodes WHERE double_fl = 'X'.

because the composant "double_fl" is missing in the structure "hier_iface" in 4.6C but it existe in version 6 .

thanks in advance .

6 REPLIES 6

former_member226239
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not have "double_fl" in your structure "hier_iface" then just comment that Delete statement.

-Chandra

0 Kudos

well thanks for the solution you proposed,but it won't work in my code

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well you have to "rebuild" the field yourself to anayze duplicates/doubles in the tree structure ?

Hint: in a recent version (i.e. currently maintained by SAP, is not 4.6c extended maintenance already ended?) look at form CHECK_IF_DOUBLE_NODE of function group SHI01.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

i don't know if you know a little bit about 4.6C but

I am using dynamic internal tables in 4.6C version as follows:

CREATE DATA dy_table TYPE TABLE OF (lv_tab).

ASSIGN dy_table->* TO <dyn_table>.

ABAP gives a error message warning saying that "type specification of "TABLE" is incomplete. Please help.

in an another discussion some did suggest this solution but i didnt know how to use it :

in some forum they suggest this solution for a user with same problem :

Hi,

yes we all want a dynamic where-clause for loop and read table as we have for select where...

But, BTW

Field-symbols: <fs_any>  type any.           Loop at <dyn_tab> into <wa_dyn_tab>.              Assign component 'FIELD' of structure <wa_dyn_tab> to <fs_any>.               If sy-subrc = 0 and <fs_any> = 'VALUE'.                 <Code>              Endif.          Endloop.

<fs_any> = 'VALUE' will cause a dump if <fs_any> is not assigned because the condition is evaluated completely.

You may write

Loop at <dyn_tab> into <wa_dyn_tab>.              Assign component 'FIELD' of structure <wa_dyn_tab> to <fs_any>.               check:                 sy-subrc = 0,                 <fs_any> = 'VALUE'.                 <Code>          Endloop.

Regards,

Clemens

0 Kudos

Just break the check in two:

* replace

IF sy-subrc = 0 AND <fs_any> = 'VALUE'.

* with

IF <fs_any> IS ASSIGNED.

IF <fs_any> = 'VALUE'.

But since I only worked on 4.6c for a decade, i'm not sure.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

i still dont know how i can do it in 4.6C

because this code work in sap 6

but i should remplace it with a different code in 4.6C so it work

im new in abap