Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Read Contents of field BALDAT-CLUSTD Without using FM

former_member462348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your help to read the contents of the field BALDAT-CLUSTD. I know there is a FM "APPL_LOG_READ_DB" which is used to read this data.

But still I need a direct code to achieve this, like some IMPORT Command.

Can anyone share me the Import code to extract this data.

Thanks
Rufus Samuel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The classic way to get the answer is to create a test program with APPL_LOG_READ_DB, start the debugger (/H), run your program, the debugger starts, within the debugger press F9 to add a breakpoint on statement IMPORT FROM DATABASE, and continue the program until it reaches the line IMPORT FROM DATABASE baldat. Or run a trace ST05 to reach the ABAP code which reads the BALDAT table. Then copy the standard code.

But, of course, I fully agree with Uwe : why?

PS: use the more recent and more documented BAL_* function modules (BAL_DB_LOAD + BAL_LOG_MSG_READ). cf SAP Library: Application Log (BC-SRV-BAL).

3 REPLIES 3

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor

May I ask: why?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The classic way to get the answer is to create a test program with APPL_LOG_READ_DB, start the debugger (/H), run your program, the debugger starts, within the debugger press F9 to add a breakpoint on statement IMPORT FROM DATABASE, and continue the program until it reaches the line IMPORT FROM DATABASE baldat. Or run a trace ST05 to reach the ABAP code which reads the BALDAT table. Then copy the standard code.

But, of course, I fully agree with Uwe : why?

PS: use the more recent and more documented BAL_* function modules (BAL_DB_LOAD + BAL_LOG_MSG_READ). cf SAP Library: Application Log (BC-SRV-BAL).

janv7306
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am in a similar situation. And I am a bit disappointed about SAP logging mechanism. Of course on one side I appreciate that log size is reduced due to the clustered column in BALDAT table. Contrary to that: If not even necessary, it's at least handy having "statistics" data for analysis unencrypted, so that simple db query can answer, how many...(errors of certain type, number... appeared), when in the past... etc.

The question is, how do you analyze logs if not the data are unavailable in readable format?

Thanx. JV