Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass work area data from report program to screen??

intyazahmad_md
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

How to pass work area data from report program to screen??

7 REPLIES 7

former_member946717
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Intyaz

What exactly is your query? You can write to the output screen at 'END-OF-SELECTION' event as below:

IF WA is your workarea having 2 fields FIELD1 FIELD2

WRITE :  /3 WA-FIELD1, 20 WA-FIELD2.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are passing data outside your program, check the documention on EXPORT TO MEMORY-ID, IMPORT FROM MEMORY-ID.

0 Kudos

hi Kevin Bowmer

I have data in my work area (customer line item), my requirement is to display it on screen.

I created a screen (se51) and use call screen in my program.

i need to populate my work area to relevant fields on that screen

??????

0 Kudos

Go to se51. there you need to define two function modules PBO( Process Before Output) PAI (Process After Input). PBO is triggered before showing screen to user, PAI is triggered after user triggers any event (eg. by clicking a button on screen) based on your requirement choose the process and print it inside that function module.

If you want to print work area content like a report  use the command leave to list-processing.  inside the function module. Explore on leave to list-processing It will solve your problem

or else if you have text boxes and you want work area to be displayed in those, just assign those text fields with respective values

Hope I answered your question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I have understood you issue correctly, you want to display data which is in the wa.

loop at it into wa.

write:/ wa.

endloop.

Regards

Purnand

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have already defined Text Fields in se51 then just map your work area with respective text field.

There is a button in SE51 to Map the Variables in report to your screen fields at TOP-RIGHT corner.

Thank You