Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide system and help menu from the menu bar? Help

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to hide the system and help menu from the menu bar? These are are the standard menubar items.

Is there any function module to hide that?

Any other alternative method to hide them?

Thanks

Gopal

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you have a option to hide that.

Why do you want to do that anyways?

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

I have to ITS enable my ABAP report. The ITS application is then loaded in enterprise portal via iview.

My customer does not want System and help menus because these do not make much sense to be used in web.

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Use Menu Painter (Transaction SE41), enter program MENUSYST, status MEN and click change.

• Modify SAP Standard by adding function codes:

• For each of the function codes click on Extras and choose ‘Active functions in multiple statuses’.

Refer to this link below

Regds

Manohar

0 Kudos

If I change status MEN then will it change across all the programs in the SAP instance?

Then this will be a risky and huge impact.

Is there any other alternative solution so that these two menus get hidden only for my program?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you actually ITS enable your report and access it from Web? 'System' and 'Help' are SAP Gui specific ones and should not be automatically there in any other GUI environment, if I am not wrong. Try to enable it and access it from Web and see if you find them there.

0 Kudos

Yes i have ITS enabled by ABAP program via SICF transaction.

System and Help are displayed in the web as well.

So is there any way to hide them?

Thanks

Gopal