Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate derive roles in mass ?

former_member337623
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I cannot generate derive roles using below method due to some of my derive roles object value are not in the organization level like storage location, so how to generate the derive roles once added tcode to the roles?

"If you have master -derived role created in system, you do not need to generate each individual roles. Just go to change mode of Master role in Authorization tab and beside "Generate" button at the top, you also see an icon "Generate derived role" (CTRLSHIFTF4 is the shortcut key) which can be used to adjust-derive all derived roles inheriting all characteristics of the master role into the derived roles (except the organizational values in case they are separately maintained in the derived roles)"

Thanks & regards!

1 REPLY 1

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am afraid you can't, since you broke the parent-derived concept by maintaining non-organizational values in de the derived roles. The only workaround I can think of is to create an ECATT script to enter each derived role and generate the profile one role at a time.

If you have added transactions you will have to maintain each profile manually anyway, pushing S_TCODE values from the parent will also overwrite all other values.