Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find underlying tables for T-codes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

We are trying to build reports on Measuring System Performance. For that we have gathered few t-codes. I would like to know how to find the tables for these t-codes. Some of the t-codes which we selected are - st14, st04, ST03, ST22, SM21,...

I'd tried using Traces but couldn't find the required tables, for say st14.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Ram

4 REPLIES 4

yuri_ziryukin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

it looks like you are trying to build something that already exists

Search for SAP EarlyWatch Alert.

And SAP Solution Manager has a lot of reporting possibilities for what you are looking at. Keyword: System Monitoring.

Regards,

Yuri

0 Kudos

Hello Yuri,

Thanks for your suggestion, but we are planning for purely customised reports. Can you help me out?

Best Regards,

Ram

0 Kudos

All the tcodes can be used to monitor performance of customized reports as well.

I am not sure what exactly you are looking for. But If you have seen any ST03 output, it gives you the detailed reports of all the customized objects as well.

Are you trying to create "Custom Reports for monitoring system performance - related to custom objects"?

I dont think it would be a feasible requirement.

Try to google and search about CCMS. There is a separate link for monitoring system performance on SAP Marketplace.

0 Kudos

Hello Yuri,

>

> Thanks for your suggestion, but we are planning for purely customised reports. Can you help me out?

>

> Best Regards,

> Ram

Hello Ram,

do you understand how much effort this would mean?

st14 - this is SAP Support transaction and you'll need weeks in order to understand all underlying data structures and the way how the data is stored in the so-called "Analyses".

st04 - most of the data is not stores in SAP DDIC tables, but collected on the fly from the internal tables of the used Database. The whole coding is database-specific and I estimate again days/weeks for you to understand where the data is collected from and how.

ST03 - Table MONI is the one that you need, but have fun extracting data from this clustered table.

ST22 - The easiest one. There is definitely some kind of function module or DB table storing dumps.

SM21 - There is a function module for reading system log.

I am just excited how many people want to reinvent the wheel.

Have fun then,

Yuri