Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find program log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to sap, currently am working in a support project. One of our background job got failed. My onsite functional consultant saying check the program log. I checked the dump, and explained to him. But still he is saying check the program log. so how to check that?

Mohana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohana,

in transaction SM37, search the JOB. In the job list, click on the canceled job and the click the JOB LOG button. This may tell you a little (usually not much) more about the cancel reason.

For every background job, a job log is created. If no errors occured, it will just list the job steps start time and, if issued, some warnings and/or success messages.

When you double-click on the error message in the log, it will take you to the dump.

Kind regards,

Clemens

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go to ST22 where u can analysis your dump

mukesh

sujeet2918
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Goto ST22 and see the error line in code..

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohana,

in transaction SM37, search the JOB. In the job list, click on the canceled job and the click the JOB LOG button. This may tell you a little (usually not much) more about the cancel reason.

For every background job, a job log is created. If no errors occured, it will just list the job steps start time and, if issued, some warnings and/or success messages.

When you double-click on the error message in the log, it will take you to the dump.

Kind regards,

Clemens