Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find hardcoded string in Text elements of ABAP programs

former_member392866
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Could you please let us know how to find a hard coded string in text elements of all ABAP programs .

Is there any standard program for the same ?

Note : find hard coded string in Text elements only (Not in abap program logic code)

Thanks in Advance .

Regards,

Balaji

13 REPLIES 13

former_member182877
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Kripa,

RS38M -  is not table name , its structure name

could you please explain me bit clearly .

Thanks,

Balaji

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

you can use the READ TEXTPOOL keyword for this requirement once or for several languages.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi Klaus Babl,

Thanks for your quick turn around..

is there any alternate solution (or) Is there any standard program for the same ?

Note : we dont have option to write a program.

Regards,

Balaji

0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

I can't find any standard program, function module or class method for that purpose.

So I think that a custom scan program will be the only possible solution for this issue.

So why can't you create a report on your DEV system and transport it to your TEST system. And why can't you create a local report on your test system. If it is really required, you should get the authority for it. But I would prefer the first way (create on DEV and transport to TEST).

Regards,

Klaus

karthikeyan_p3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

The text symbols are stored in the table REPOTEXT but in RAW format.

You can use the statement READ TEXTPOOL to read text symbol by passing the program name

READ TEXTPOOL <PROGRAM> INTO TEXTS LANGUAGE <LANGU>.

You can write a custom program to fetch the text symbols of the required program.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan

0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

thanks for your reply..

i cant able to write test program , because we need this in Test environment(not in development).

i cant move code to test box.

So , Could you please let us know alternate solution for the same.

Regards,

Balaji

0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

READ TEXTPOOL <PROGRAM> INTO TEXTS LANGUAGE <LANGU>.

could you please tell me what is the declaration type for TEXTS  ,  if you have any sample code please share it as well .

Regards,

Balaji

0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

You may refer the function module : READ_TEXTELEMENT_FROM_REPORT

Thanks,

Karthikeyan

0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

the structure of the internal table is TEXTPOOL. You can use a SAP standard table type like

• GRW_T_TEXTPOOL
  • PRX_T_TEXTPOOL
  • RE_T_TEXTPOOL

or create an own internal one of type SORTED TABLE or STANDARD TABLE using structure TEXTPOOL.

Regards

Klaus

0 Kudos

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any text element in your test system will be in your dev system. It must have started in your dev system. Therefore you can write the program in your dev system and run it there and get the right results.

If you absolutely must search the test system, you must transport the code. Repeatedly asking for an alternative won't change that, because there isn't one.

Do not ask other people to provide you with the code.

Thread locked.

former_member182915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos