Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export repository to file system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

within my bachelor thesis I am engaged in parsing ABAP Objects to calculate different code metrics. The analysis tool and many of the known parser-apis do require source-files at the file system layer.

As SAP stores everything in a DB, I wonder if there is a way to export the repository to the file system. And if this is not possible, is there another practicable way to access the source code?

Another point is: Does anyone know a source for a complete grammar (like ebnf or so) for ABAP Objects? that could make my life quite a lot easier...

mfg

- clemens heppner

2 REPLIES 2

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Clemens

You may write a small ABAP report employing class CL_OO_SOURCE. If you create an instance of this class using any class name as input the public instance attribute SOURCE contains the entire coding which you could download (-> CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>GUI_DOWNLOAD).

Regards

Uwe.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your advice! I've written this report:

START-OF-SELECTION.

DATA: source TYPE REF TO cl_oo_source,
        source_tab TYPE seop_source_string,
        classname TYPE seoclskey VALUE 'CL_OO_SOURCE'.
  CREATE OBJECT source EXPORTING clskey = classname.

* Copy source->SOURCE table because gui_download( ) needs a changeable
* argument and source->source is read-only.
  source_tab = source->source.

cl_gui_frontend_services=>gui_download( EXPORTING filename =
'c:\source.ao' CHANGING data_tab = source_tab ).

But that approach has some serious drawbacks:

• I have to save each class one by one (is there a way to automate that? P.e. find all classes in one package?)

• I can not access the code of reports and such because cl_oo_source requires a classname.

Is there another way or an extension to this one, to solve those problems?

Thanks,

- clemens