Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to execute a report program in background when selection screen has two subscreen ?

former_member587421
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a report program with two tabbed subscreen in selection screen where i have radio buttons in both screen. I am maintaining some input parameters which I need to make clear on change of radio buttons and also making two input parameters as obligatory(not in parameters definition) in start of selection event. My problem is the program is working fine in foreground. But as the reports have huge amount of data, it needs to run in background. While trying to run it from background, the report finishes in 0 sec and i got the error message to insert date. Date is the parameter which i made obligatory manually in my program. Moreover, if i remove this condition to make date obligatory manually, then the report runs fine for Tab1 but for Tab2 it just gives some false data. Actually for Tab2 it holds values of Tab1. Please note I need to manually stop execution of report if user not gives date. And all are working fine in foreground. Please suggest me any idea to run in background.

Thanks,

With regards.

3 REPLIES 3

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

There is a bug in your program. Please create the smallest possible program with 2 tabs to reproduce the issue and paste it here.

keremkoseoglu
Contributor

Quick & dirty solution:

• In your current program (let's call it ZA), make the selection screen flat and make sure that the job runs correctly.
  • Write a new program (let's call it ZB) with a tabbed selection screen, but no business logic. Your users will use ZB. When they execute ZB, it will submit ZA (with flat selection screen + business logic).

0 Kudos

Dear Kerem Koseoglu,

Thanks a lot. I like this solution. In fact it was my plan also. But looking for some better solution.