Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable the New ABAP Editor in ECC 5.0? Tried from SE38-->Settings...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have installed SAP ECC 5.0 IDES system and would like to know how to enable the new front end editor. I am using GUI 7.10.

I tried the option from SE38 --> Settings --> Editor Tab

but i have only two radiobuttons. I dont see the new radiobutton which says NEW-FRONT END EDITOR.

Does the new abap editor come along with the ECC 5.0 or do i need to download anything additional? PLs guide me on how to enable the new front end editor.

Thanks

Chky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the new editor is part of SAP NW 7.0 (2004s), which will be delivered as of ECC 6.0.

4 REPLIES 4

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the new editor is part of SAP NW 7.0 (2004s), which will be delivered as of ECC 6.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used the new abap editor on ECC 5.0 before. I believe that there is some patch that i need to apply to enable the new editor in the older versions.

Any idea where i can get the patch for ECC 5.0?

I tried to search on sdn but could not find the patch which needs to be applied.

Cheers

Chky

GrahamRobbo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chucky,

check you have the latest SAPGUI installed.

Cheers

Graham Robbo

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am already on 7.10 and am not sure if there is any newer versions of GUI. Also i remember using the new editor with 7.10 earlier.

Anymore idea if i have to download any additional things to enable the new editor.

cheers

Chky