Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable a field in rumtime when select dropdown list value, and how does round trip works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am working on a requirement in crm web ui but i don't have enough experience for the subjetc, that's why I am asking for your help and asking all of you 2 questions:

how round trip mens and how it works, neither how to implement it, I would appreciate you could give me an example and source code  how to do it for get_i method

I have another doubt, how  get_ methods are process or work in runtime?,  I don´t know how to pass a data to get_i method and how to  implement a flag in get_i method to disable a the field in runtime when you select in another field a value in a dropdown list

Thans a lot for your Help

3 REPLIES 3

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to disable a field during runtime, you can use loop at screen.

the parameter should be public, in order to access it,

FORM set_screen .

IF Flag  EQ 'X'.

LOOP AT SCREEN.

IF screen-group1 = 'GR1'.

screen-input = '1'.

screen-invisible = '0'.

MODIFY SCREEN.

ENDIF.

ENDLOOP.

Regards

Ebrahim

0 Kudos

Hello Ebrahim

Thanks A lot, but the doubt is in CRM WEb UI, I am new in CRM and I don´t know enough in CRM programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will try to answer your question :

how round trip mens and how it works, neither how to implement it, I would appreciate you could give me an example and source code  how to do it for get_i method

-> You can reffer to standard code on each webui component.

I have another doubt, how  get_ methods are process or work in runtime?,  I don´t know how to pass a data to get_i method and how to  implement a flag in get_i method to disable a the field in runtime when you select in another field a value in a dropdown list

->How it's work, please try to create implementation for method get_XXX then put external break points and try to do transaction on WebUI, you will understand how it's work and it's behavior.

In CRM WebUI, i never pass a data into get_i method but i will read the data from BOL Layer using standard class. Please understand about BOL GeniL programming and all of related transaction such as : GENIL_BOL_BROWSER, GENIL_MODEL_BROWSER, GENIL_MODEL_EDITOR, etc.