Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have accidently created a request. now i want to delete the request.i go to se10 and select that request and click on the delete button, but it is not deleting the request. instead, a message is displayed "Global information cannot be read". can anyone tell me how to delete this request.

regards,

hamza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SE09, first create a new request. With your cursor on this request, click the Include Objects button (CTRL + F11). Then put in the name of the request which you want to copy.

If you need to transport the request that your friend had created, then try using change owner. Select the request, Click on owner button, it will show previous owner and new owner. Change new owner value to your user name choose ok.

<b>Reward points</b>

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to first delete the sub tasks that is the entries inside the request like if it ahs a report first delete the name of the objects that are inside that request and then delete the requests.

Regards,

Himanshu

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to delete requests from an ODS, even if the request has been activated. The "before and after image" of the data will be stored in the change log table using which the request will be deleted.

Deleting a request which has not been activated in ODS will not delete the requests which are loaded after this request. But if the request has been activated then the loaded and activated requests later will get deleted. Also the change log entries will be deleted for that request.

Pls reward all helpful points.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

usually this method should be able to delete the tasks.

Can you give more info on how this request got created and what are its contents?

0 Kudos

i was creating an infotype, and the system asked me for a request. i clicked on the Create New Request button and gave the request a description and created it. Later i realized that i had already created a request for that infotype, so i used that request. now i want to delete the unused request because it is empty. when i delete the request, the message "Global information cannot be read" is displayed.

do you understand what the problem is?

i think this is a problem for the Basis guys.

thanks for the quick replys, everyone.

regards,

Hamza

0 Kudos

This exact same problem i'm getting in Netweaver 04s SP12 sneak preview.

It's one of this messages:

PU 823 Global information cannot be read

PU 824 Global information cannot be read

If you have found the solution, please tell.

It's really annoying since when entering SE09/SE10 transaction a long time passes before the message is shown and the mode becomes operational.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have made any changes and then created the request...

Just revert back the changes uhave done manually in the code and save it in the same request..

Then just release it and make sure that request is never transported.You can just change its description like "Don't Transport" "Test Resquest' etc

Cheers

~Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SE09, first create a new request. With your cursor on this request, click the Include Objects button (CTRL + F11). Then put in the name of the request which you want to copy.

If you need to transport the request that your friend had created, then try using change owner. Select the request, Click on owner button, it will show previous owner and new owner. Change new owner value to your user name choose ok.

<b>Reward points</b>

Regards