Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Debug a Context Menu in a Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to start the debugger when i click if any in the context menu.  At the time when i click i want to start the debugger.  The "/h" and "SAP GUI short cut for system cammand /h" is not working is there any other way to acheive rather than debugging the whole process because it is taking huge time.

For Eg:

I want the debugger to get trigger when i click on "Create Node" from the "Create" context menu in the PA30 T-Code.

Thanks in advance,

Pinky

4 REPLIES 4

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try placing break point in the related methods of class CL_GOS_MANAGER.

0 Kudos

Kesavadas,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Wt is the use of keeping break point in that class.

I wanted to know how to keep debug in the context menu as I may be getting some more requirements as the same in future for different different tcodes again at that time i cant search like now.

Please guide me......

0 Kudos

In the GOS the classes cl_gos_manager ,cl_gos_attachments etc are used. The functionality is triggred by an event and received by handler. So we can place a break point in the relevant code of the relevant method, so that it stops there. I do not know why /h is not working.

0 Kudos

I am new to sap and i culdnt get you..... i saw the class CL_GOS_MANAGER and their messages but dont know wt to do and where to keep break point....... and after keeping break point when it will trigger and how to proceed further.......

Can you explain me with the above mentioned example........ Please