Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Add-On Tool..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have developed inductry specific z objects(this includes all z objects like data elements, domains, tables, structures, function modules, module pools & reports.....)

some of the objects included in standard objects. like append fields in sales order (VBAK table).

now I want to make all this objects into one add-on tool (Deploy of objects) in SAP.

How can i do....?,

Thanks & Regards

Gupta.......

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your intent to sell this product? Let's say that you have a program called Z_DONOEVIL in your product package. I am interested in buying it, but unfortunately I already have a Z_DONOEVIL on my SAP system. The solution is for you to get a namespace from SAP. SAP will assign a unique namespace, say /GUP/ to your company. (You are a company, aren't you?). Now your /GUP/Z_DONOEVIL is a very different from my Z_DONOEVIL.

Next, you need to package your product. You will need to create a transport request, throw in all your objects into this transport request and release it. Of course, you would do it in your company's SAP system (your company has a legal, licensed copy of SAP, right?). Releasing the transports creates files in

1. /usr/sap/trans/data and

2. /usr/sap/trans/cofiles.

The files are name named after the transport request number.

These files are your packaged product. This is what you sell/deploy. A customer would take these files, put them in their own ../data and ../cofiles directories and import them using STMS.

Can I have some money instead of points?

Edited by: Keerthi Hiremath on Jun 11, 2008 9:38 AM

Edited by: Keerthi Hiremath on Jun 12, 2008 3:46 PM