Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to click the "enter" key in the ecatt script in sapgui mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Buddies,

Currently m working in ecatt sapgui. and now facing issue while i am getting error  or warning message. so i have to click enter key wheneever i am having warning messages. so please help me to handle this issue to click enter key in ecatt sapgui script.

Thanks in advance,

Mohamed.

5 REPLIES 5

Wutschi
Explorer
0 Kudos

You need to include the enter key into your recording. And if the Warning is with a popup window you should make it optional.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your above comment,

1. Please let us know how to increment the do loop when script is in running mode.

2. but you are telling about the warning messages that are initially recorded one, but i need the answer for the "enter" key script for handling the warning messages which are not recorded and exists while running the scrips. please help to solve this issue.

Khajini

0 Kudos

The simplest and most common way in that case is to record warnings or press the enter key in advance. Depending on your recording options you need to split the script and insert a recording of the enter key. If pressing the enter key in case of no warning is leading into the next screen, you need to cover the part up to the recording with a the Message tag. Than you need to check the message container and if your warning is coming up, you execute the part with the enter key.

If you could be more specific with your question and a detailed description with screen shots,  I can help you in more detail.

Rgds

Christian

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. Please let us know how to increment the do loop when script is in running mode.

Loop counter can be incremented using the below approach

DO 5.

REF ( XYZ , XYZ_1 ).

Counter = Counter + 1.

ENDDO.

2. but you are telling about the warning messages that are initially recorded one, but i need the answer for the "enter" key script for handling the warning messages which are not recorded and exists while running the scrips. please help to solve this issue.

If the pop-ups are dynamically generated then you need to have the recording of the enter key being executed till the point you have no further popup's and you will end up with error message which can be allowed using Message EndMessage and continue with further recording.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Aj

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

if it has solved the issue , please close the thread.

Thanks,

Aj