Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change IDoc control record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How to change the control record of the ORDERS (purchase order) outbound IDoc? The partner type and partner number is always the logical system. I want to change it to other partner type, e.g. KU.

Is there any user exits availalbe?

Thanks!

Regards,

Hui

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Option-1</b>

User user-exit<b> EXIT_SAPLEINM_001</b> of <b>enhancement MM06E001</b> to change the control record.

But make sure that whatever control record you put here, there should be a corresponding partner profile exist in partner profile ( WE20 ).

<b>Option-2</b>

You are saying that you are always getting 'LS'. This is because the output type is only configured with partner function 'LS'. We are using Purchase order idoc and we generate our all idocs for partner type 'KU'.

To do this, follow these steps.

- go to transaction <b>NACT</b>

- enter application 'EF' and select 'maintain'.

- select the output type you are using in PO for EDI.

- with this output type selected, select "partner functtions" from left hald side options.

- Hit "new entries" button on the top

- create an entry with, MEDIUN = 6 (EDI) ; Funct = VN ( vendor )

- Save your settings and come out

- Now on WE20, remove the partner profile you have created under partner type 'LS' and instead create a same partner profile for your vendor under partner type "KU".

Now it is upto you to decide, either to user the user-exit i have mentioned to change the control records OR create a outout config and partner profile for "KU".

Let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

RS

0 Kudos

Hi RS,

thanks for your reply. I see option-1 should work.

the option-2 seems to be used to change the partner type of the RECEIVER. but what i want to change is the partner type of the SENDER.

If I follow the option-2, the receiver partner-type will be KU, but the sender partner type will still be logical system LS.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

I have awarded you some points.

Thanks!

Regards!

Hui

0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right, if you go by option-2, it makes receiver partner type as KU.

Do not forget mark the question as answered and close the thread once your issue is resolved.

Let me know if you still have any question or issues.

Regard,

RS