Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a transport RELEASED

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have had a problem with a transport. The developer released a transport but it's status remained in "IN PROCESS: REQUIRES UPDATE".

We checked in COFILES and DATAFILE folders and we have seen that only COFILE was created no DATAFILE appeared. So developer told us to cancel the transport to proceed with creating a new one. The only thing we had been able to do was to UNLOCK objects and set the status to RELEASE using ADMINISTRATOR TOOLS of the SE09 transaction. Now we would like to DELETE the transport but every modify we try to apply it says: "TRASPORT IS IN RELEASED STATUS...can't modify, cant' delete".

Is there any tool or way to delete a transport that's in RELEASED status?how to do that? thanx very much!!!

Sonya (ITALY)

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can simply right click on the request and coose UNRELEASE but generally it is recommended NOT to do it.

Use SE03 to delete the request( use the Expert Tool ).

Cheers

VJ

Message was edited by:

Vijayendra Rao

0 Kudos

Hi!thanx but...how should I find the UNRELEASE option?under which transaction?and...why it's not recommended?What would be the consequence?

I've tried to DELETE by SE03 while still in RELEASED status (cause I've not find the UNRELEASE function) but the resul is the same "REQUEST/TASK xxxxx ALREADY RELEASED (not modifiable)"