Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call a transaction with Webdynpro Abap without portal

berkuamit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I want to call the transaction of VL02N with the parameter id of delivery (VL) from a view

in a webdynpro application, I don't have portal so the application will run on a simple gui.

How can I do that ?

Thank you,

Amit B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jorgef
Discoverer

Hi Amit B.,

For create a WDA transaction, go to SE93 transaction and:

1. New transaction name, create

2. Write a short text according with the object of the function, select "Transaction with Parameters".

3. In default values, write "WDYID" as transaction, and check "Skip initial screen".

4. Below, at the end, in Default Values, select "STARTMODE" with value "GUI" and "APPLICATION" with value <the name of your WDA program>.

And save.

Now you can run the new transaction like any other GUI transaction.

Regs, JHF

8 REPLIES 8

jorgef
Discoverer

Hi Amit B.,

For create a WDA transaction, go to SE93 transaction and:

1. New transaction name, create

2. Write a short text according with the object of the function, select "Transaction with Parameters".

3. In default values, write "WDYID" as transaction, and check "Skip initial screen".

4. Below, at the end, in Default Values, select "STARTMODE" with value "GUI" and "APPLICATION" with value <the name of your WDA program>.

And save.

Now you can run the new transaction like any other GUI transaction.

Regs, JHF

0 Kudos

Hi Regs,

Thank you for your quick response but what you wrote is how to run

my application in a simple gui, what I ment is from a button inside the

application, run a different transaction like VL02N for example,

like the "call transaction" of regular Abap code.

Amit

former_member300076
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at this thread it might be helpful:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1647379

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your response,

I've tried to do this function but the only thing it do it opens the log into window and than

show the basic window of the main menu of SAP in a web window not the wanted transaction.

Do you know any other way to do so ?

Amit.

0 Kudos

Hi try this link,

http://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/!?sap-client=&~transaction=*VL02N%20LIKP-VBELN=<Delivery NO>;DYNP_OKCODE=ENT2

mangesh_sonawane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Berku,

Please find the below link it will help

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/WebDynproABAP/TransactionCode/Index.htm

Regards,

Mangesh Sonawane

0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Sonawane,

Thank you for your response, your answer is a good one when you have ITS or portal, but I don't have a portal and the only way to run my application is in the SAP-GUI, so your answer doesn't suit to me.

Regards,

Amit Berku

former_member206454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit....Were you able to call tcode ? can you please help if you have achieved this.