Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a Help search using another table

0 Kudos

I have a table with several fields. The client wants to have a search help on one field. But the information behind the search help needs to come from another table. i.e. ZZTB_STATUS_CODE is the field in the first table. The client wants the field tied to a reference table that contains a similar field (ZZTB_STATUS_CODE) and bring back that value. How can this be accomplished?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pram_1991
Participant
0 Kudos

insert new search button on toolbar with using tmg.

How to create custom button in TMG

4 REPLIES 4

pram_1991
Participant
0 Kudos

insert new search button on toolbar with using tmg.

How to create custom button in TMG

0 Kudos

Hello Prasath,

That isn't what I'm looking for. I have a new view that was added to the Material Master MM01/02/03 process.

That field is for holding a Status Code. If I enter a value in that field and save, it's there. What I want to add is a pull down on that field which ties to another table of valid values. What I need to know is how do you tie this field to the valid values table.

kasralikarpratik
Explorer

Use check table or foreign key.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could create a help-view with both tables and create the search help on this view (But first, you should have created a foreign key relation between tables as Pratik Kasralikar suggested. The primary key fields of second table should be available in first table) or use a search-help exit in case where no such relation between those tables can be established so you can display what you are able to code.