Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate Internal table/fields' names prompting while coding?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I have seen in one video that while the programmer was coding in a report,

The names of internal tables and fields were being prompt making the coding easier and fast.

I am using SAP Logon 7.2 version for coding, here the same prompting happens for key words(as shown below) but not for internal table names etc.

So how to activate this feature ?

Thanks,

Vishal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrg_wulf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

in the lower right corner of your abap editor, there is a small button like this.

There, you have different options, that can make your work easier, which of on is code-completion. There you will find as the last check-box something like non-key values. Check this one and there you go.

BTW - it's worth the effort to have a closer look at the other options there as well.

Best regards - Jörg

5 REPLIES 5

jrg_wulf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

in the lower right corner of your abap editor, there is a small button like this.

There, you have different options, that can make your work easier, which of on is code-completion. There you will find as the last check-box something like non-key values. Check this one and there you go.

BTW - it's worth the effort to have a closer look at the other options there as well.

Best regards - Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome....

It works now.

Thanks alot Jörg you made my work easier and fast.

jrg_wulf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

just one other tip to consider.

have you tried the code-completion feature on [ctrl]]+[space] yet?

personally i find it much better to us, because it gives better controll.

BR - Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VIshal,

Do as below showing in your ABAP editer(se38).

regards,

Archer

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vishal,

In my opinion that will make one's coding skills from the syntax perspective,weak.IMHO,during the early years,one should stay away from these kind of shortcuts.Ofcourse,perceptions differ 🙂

K.Kiran.