Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How efficiently we use ABAP code to insert several records in database tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here I have a requirement to add several records ( approx 50 thousand) into database tables. We used hr_infotype_operation as standard function module to insert employee info in several infotypes.

I'm looking for a best way that we can call database. I mean database calls should be significantly lower while inserting records.

Can we execute sequence of statements at a time for all employees? Do we have ABAP standard techniques in place?

As per currently process it takes approx more than 1 hr to exact and update infotype tables for all employees ... it's really helpful to reduce the time even in fraction of minutes.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The fastes way is to update the tables of infotypes directly but infotypes have associated checks and other things.

Create a report with batch input and execute the report with ranges . Execute report in parallel and save time.

Run the report without authorizations . The operations are reduced significantly.

HR reports consume much time . One hour is normally

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

The fastes way is to update the tables of infotypes directly but infotypes have associated checks and other things.

Create a report with batch input and execute the report with ranges . Execute report in parallel and save time.

Run the report without authorizations . The operations are reduced significantly.

HR reports consume much time . One hour is normally

0 Kudos

Thanks Jorge.

"Create a report with batch input and execute the report with ranges"

Do you have any reference links to use batch inputs. I never work on this. Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a custom or standard infotype?

Rob

0 Kudos

It's standard infotype.

do we have a separate ways to use Batch inputs here for custom and standard?

Thank you

0 Kudos

Ofcourse the time will be less if you will use update statements.you will be bypassing a lot of sap's standard code.

But, I and anybody will strongly suggest to use the FM hr_infotype_operation, because it will make sure the integrity of data as if it is entered through PA30, will run all user exit and stuff.

There is a performance factor, but you can make it run faster by initializing the buffer after each call to FM hr_infotype_operation, by calling FM HR_PSBUFFER_INIT