Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I transport the variant and layout setting in SE16

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ABAPers,

Would any of you please advise me on how to transport the variant and layout setting in SE16? I cannot see any transport request in the menu but would like to understand how to manage through transport requests.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

taro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE16 programs are created in each system dynamically, and not assigned to a package. for example, the program for mara is in our system /1BCDWB/DBMARA. because you can change the selection parameters dynamically on these programs at any time, saving variants for them can be very tricky. A program for a given table does not exist until the first time you run SE16 for the table.

because the programs are not package assigned, the variants cannot be transported, i believe.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member212713
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Taro;

Pleace make below steps.

1. While On the ALV reports.

Settings->Layout->Manage Layout->

Select Variant Line(s)

Layout-> Transport

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taro ,

Use the below 2 links to solve your problem,

http://www.sap-img.com/basis/transport-guide-tips-for-different-sap-objects.htm

Regards ,

Saravana

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your input.

However, using RSTRANSP program for SE16, the system generates an error "Function cannot be used for local/private objects

Message no. DB275"

Do you know if it is possible to create a transport request for the variant set up in SE16 or did I miss something?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

taro

0 Kudos

Have you checked the long text for the message??

It appears that the basic program is a local object.

Rob

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After you get the output screen in se16,

goto menu , settings - layout - manage.Then select your layout and in menu, layout - transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE16 programs are created in each system dynamically, and not assigned to a package. for example, the program for mara is in our system /1BCDWB/DBMARA. because you can change the selection parameters dynamically on these programs at any time, saving variants for them can be very tricky. A program for a given table does not exist until the first time you run SE16 for the table.

because the programs are not package assigned, the variants cannot be transported, i believe.

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the SE16 layout transport is almost as useless as the SE16 layout variant itself: The layout variant is the same regardless which table you display. That means you can use layouts only for specific tables.

So my question is: What do you have in mind?

Regards

Clemens