Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i use function modules on table ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys.
im newbie at abap and scn, i learn abap nowadays now i have a question.
how can i use function modules when use table ( when call data on table ) ?

anyone can give me a little tip?

Thank you.

Regards,   Çağrı gönen .

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table parameters are internal tables that are passed to the function module, changed within it, and returned. The internal tables must be defined in the calling program.Internal tables are passed by reference.

Read ABAP in 21 days for basic knowledge in ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

arindam_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Checkout the concept of internal tables in SAP documentation. T-Code ABAPDOCU. Should be a good starting point.

Cheers,

Arindam

uppu_narayan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cagri,

Use the changing parameter for passing your table to the function module, as table tab is obsolete for normal function module.............all you need is a type which is table type for declaring your table in changing tab.

thanks and regards,

narayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cagri,

The tables/changing parameter is used when you have to pass an internal table to your function module and return it by applying some operations on it in your function module.

channu_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cagri,

In the FM interface you need to use "Changing" parameter for passing Table.

Thanks

CB

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried reading the text on function modules you'll find in help.sap.com? You could also read the Rules of Engagement for this site that you agreed to when you signed up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys thats all helpfull. its ok.