Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get Directory and Files from a Maped Networkdrive of the AppS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have the following Situation.

We have a Windows-Server (Server-A) in an Network with ActivDirectory and an Windows-Server (Server-B with an WebApplicationServer outside of these ActivDirectory as standalone.

On Server-B we mapped a Directory from Server-A (FileExplorer and then MapNetworkDrives) as Drive Q.

Now i tried to get the Directory of Q:\abcd but it doesn't work.

I tried the FM EPS_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING and also RZL_READ_DIR, but both doesn't worked.

RZL_READ_DIR is doing a "CALL 'ALERTS' ..." and is comming back with sy-subrc = 1

EPS_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING is doing a "CALL 'C_DIR_READ_FINISH'..." and comes back with "Wrong order of calls" in the Field file-errmsg. Next Call is "CALL 'C_DIR_READ_START'..." and this comes back with "opendir" in Field file-errmsg.

I tried the same with two Servers in the same ActivDirectory-Network. The Result was the same, i don't get the directory of the mapped drive. But now i get from the Call "CALL 'C_DIR_READ_START'..." the file-errmsg "opendir: Not a directory" and file-errno 20.

Is there any idea for solving my Problem?

I have to get this directory, read the files from the List and have to rename them after wriing the data to our databasefile.

I want to read them with OPEN DATASET, rename them by writing a new File (also OPEN DATASET) and after that i do an DELETE DATASET.

Thanks and Greetings Matthias

Edited by: Matthias Horstmann on Mar 25, 2009 4:12 PM

Filled in Scenario with 2 Servers in same AD-Network

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try instead <DRIVE LETTER>:\<folder_name> to type full UNC-path.
<SERVER>\<folfer_name>.

I resolved the same issue for DB13 with this way.

Best regards.

alfredoaraujo
0 Kudos

I had this problem some months ago.

The FM EPS_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING dont work...

I have resolved this with the class-method: CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>DIRECTORY_LIST_FILES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Halo Mattias,

i using this function get file file name and directory:

at selection-screen on value-request for p_file.

call function 'F4_FILENAME'

exporting

program_name = syst-cprog

dynpro_number = syst-dynnr

field_name = 'P_FILE'

importing

file_name = p_file.

Rgds,

Wilibrodus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have the same problem. Is there a solution for background processing? With Frontend Services it's working.