Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding primary key field in Table maintenance generator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where in i'm trying to hide the primary key of my table in table maintenance generator..I want this because the user is of no concern with this field while he enters data into it.

I tried working on it and managed to disable the field but could'nt hide it i mean i should not appear in the screen while creating entries....Disabling the field i managed to get it through two ways buy creating a event 05 and when user makes a new entry the field is disabled and is also possible by creating a new module in PBO ......But how to completely hide it instead of disabling it.....Any help or sample logic for this kind of scenario would be surely appreciated.....

Thanks in Advance.....

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ...

First create the <b>MAINTAINANCE VIEW</b> of your table again ... here you decide the fields which you want to show the User . ...

<b>SO THAT the fields are decided .... in the View ... then maintaince Generator for the View (maintainance View ) in the menu Utilitiees -> table maintainan generator.</b>

please give <b>Function group of yours if not then create it in SE37</b> there

give <b>defualt aouthorisation or esle " BALV</b> ".

then <b>one step so give the screen Number</b> .... <b>press enter 2times</b> ... neglet the warning s but the error and rectify it ... by changin the parameters as above .

then in the Menu <b>Generated Objects->CREATE </b> then it will ask for saving the development class ... then <b>press enter 2 times ...</b>

your <b> View maintaince Generator was Created</b> for the new set of fields ....

then create Transcation code for it ...

reward points if it is usefull ...

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Younus,

Go to the screen (SE51) of the SM30 view and use the element list tab (general atributes, text i/o templates) to delete the key field. Then activate, after removing other references of the key field (like, inside chain ...endchain)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Arun Mohan

<b>Note: Reward points if helpful.</b>