Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help need to generate table table maintainance for one table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

Am not a ABAP consultant, currently we have some requirement to maintain some values for custmized table "ZXXXtable", when i checked in SM30 this table is not supporting to maintain.

Now We are trying to gerenate for table maintaince using in SE11 --> Utilties --> Table maintainace Generatore and

but in this screen it is asking function group and packge.

What is this function group and packge,

How to maintain this gunction group and package (or) how can I check for this table function group and package is maintained.

(or) shall we use other function group and package which is already existing in the system.

Please help me to solve this isse.

Thanks & Regards,

MK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

give a new Function group name, and for package gve the one you guys use for all ABAP development Z.. or whatever it is

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

give a new Function group name, and for package gve the one you guys use for all ABAP development Z.. or whatever it is

0 Kudos

Hi PXG,

this is production system we cannot able to create, shall we use the existing one which is already available under same package, I have checked 4 function groups are available in the same packing , but that function groups belongs to some other table or i don't know some other purpose.

Please help to how can i maintain the table with out creating new function group.

First could please explaing what is the use of function group?

Thanks & Regards,

MK

0 Kudos

you would not be able to generate even the table maintenance in production.

Function group is the main program which system will use to create the screen and associated code for the table maintenance screen

if you know how, you can use sq01 in prod to update data in z table