Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me Pl.. Changing APPENDED STRUCTURE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to Change the Appened structure to add extra fields. That Append structure was created by Other developer. So I took Owner for that request, But still it's not allowing me change to Structure. Saying error

<b>"Transport objets from Package Z001 to target /RELEASED/ only". </b>

The object is stored in Z001 package. In change request there is no Target system specified...

Pl.. Help me how can i add field into Appended Structure( main sturcutre is -LISTVBAP)

Thanks,

Suba

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me it's urgent........

0 Kudos

Will it allow you to change the package from Z001 to a package which is tied to a transport layer?

REgards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Subhashini,

This looks like a BASIS issue.. are you doing an upgrade? the following links might be of help to resolve the issue.. again, you might have to seek SAP's help by opening an OSS message.. You said this is a local Change Request so its Transport route ahs to be chnages to make it transportable.. pl see this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/44/b4a4617acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm">sap help</a>

Also check this out..

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/2e/6d66737d9011d396b60000e82de14a/frameset.htm">Link2</a>

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

may be this is what happened when the structure was initially chnaged.. the following is from sap help..

"The configuration of the transport routes in the SAP System determines whether changes to objects during modification adjustment are recorded in a local or transportable change request. You cannot and must not change these settings during the upgrade. In all cases, the change request can still be used for automatically transferring modifications to a subsequent system. For this procedure, the change requests are not released in the normal way, but handled specially.

"

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/2e/6d66797d9011d396b60000e82de14a/frameset.htm">link</a>

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

This change request is local change request. How can i do that?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not doing any upgrade. Just Need some modification in already did one. Now i am trying to append one more field into this structure. So i am trying to change Appended sttructure instead of appending another structure to the main struc. LISTVBAP

0 Kudos

Hi,

Now that you are the owner of the Change Request, did you try to delete the Object from the Object list of this Transport? In SE09, display the Transport Request; expand the task that is tied to the request--> place the cursor on the APPEND STRUCTURE Object and hit delete icon on the status bar; you will get a information message that the Object is locked; hit enter; a window pops up that says Object locked. delete from Objectlist? select the yes option. Once the Object is removed from this Change Request, you should be able to change the Object.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suba,

You can create your own structure. All you have to do is that...

1. Goto Transaction Code SE11 and type a new structure name zxxxx or yxxxx.

2. Click the fields tab.( After finishing the techniqual settings & maintenance settings)

3. There in the first column type <b>'.include'</b>

4. In the second column type <b>'type'</b>

5. In the third column type <b>'listvbap'</b>

i.e is the structure name.

6. Now you can add the fields you want to add in your new created structure zxxxx or yxxxx.

7. It's always good practice to do like this.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B