Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI_DOWNLOAD APPEND='X' doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I seem to have a bit of a strange problem. My report uses GUI_DOWNLOAD to download some data. Then it uses GUI_DOWNLOAD again to append one more line to the downloaded file. The problem is, I have changed my PC and appending stopped working. The target file is just overwritten and not appended(as topic states, I have used APPEND='X' ). Looks like it has something to do with operating system. How can I solve this ?

Thank you,

Bart

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think its related to OS. Are you sure you are mentioning the same path name when you are executing second time with append parameter set to 'X' ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's the same file. Its contents are erased and data from last call to GUI_DOWNLOAD is written into it. Well maybe not OS oriented but definitely not hmm 'code oriented'. I was writing the report on my old PC, used it many times and it worked fine. Now after moving to a different machine it stopped working. Paths are ok, behaviour of GUI_DOWNLOAD is bizarre. I've uncommented all the exceptions but sy-subrc = 0 so still no clue.

EDIT:

What's more interesting, I've moved the same piece of code to an external report. Executed it and it worked fine.

Edited by: Bartosz Bijak on Oct 19, 2009 10:59 AM